** UPDATED I MARCH 13, 2020 I 7:00 P.M **
Temple City Alters City Operations to Slow Spread of Coronavirus
Preventative measures to take effect immediately.
TEMPLE CITY, CA (March 13, 2020)—To slow the spread of the new coronavirus, the City of Temple City is implementing additional measures in line with state and county health officials’ recommendations. These measures will not impact critical services—like law enforcement, public utilities and refuse collection—however, some city services will be modified.
Beginning today until further notice, please be advised of the following:
- Recreation: All recreational programming, including community events and afterschool care, is canceled indefinitely. For more information, call Veronica Luna at (626) 285-2171, ext. 4520.
- Seniors: The city’s dine-in senior meal program will continue at Live Oak Park Community Park through Monday, March 16. Beginning Tuesday, March 17, all meals will be packaged for the week and only provided as a take-out option from Live Oak Park Community Center. Normal business hours remain in effect for the city’s dial-a-ride service. For more information, call Roman Rodriguez at (626) 285-2171, ext. 4545.
- City Meetings: City council meetings will go on as planned. As an alternative to attending, the public is encouraged to view the meetings online at templecity.us/video. Those wishing to attend the meetings in-person will be asked to follow seating modifications and social distancing practices. For more information, call the City Clerk’s Office at (626) 285-2171, ext. 4132.
- City Services: Enhanced cleaning services and sterilization is ongoing at City Hall and Live Oak Park Community Center; both facilities will remain open to the public during normal business hours. During visits, please honor social distancing protocols of six feet (between people) and do not visit city facilities if you are ill. The public is encouraged to access online city services at templecity.us. For more information, call the City’s Public Counter at (626) 285-2171 (dial “0” for the operator).
- Facility Rentals: Reservations are no longer being accepted for community meeting rooms and picnic shelters. For more information, call Live Oak Park Community Center at (626) 579-0461.
- Farmers’ Market: The Sunday farmers’ market at Temple City Park remains open for the purchase of fresh fruit and vegetables. The market operator will continue to use all necessary health protocols for food handling. For more information, call Gretchen Sterling at (626) 710-7069.
Updates on city services will be posted regularly to the city’s social media accounts, as well as to the city website at templecity.us. The public is also encouraged to call City’s Public Counter during normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., at (626) 285-2171 (dial “0” for the operator).
To learn more about the coronavirus, visit the LA County Department of Public Health website at publichealth.lacounty.gov.
—To view other City news releases, visit templecity.us/pr—