Due to the success of the City's first drive-in movie, a total of 68 spaces have been made available for August 14, 2020. Pre-registration is required here.
On Friday, August 7th and Friday, August 14th, pack up the kids, load up on snacks and head down to Live Oak Park for a cool summer movie nights experience! Live Oak Park will transform into a drive-in movie for two Friday nights in August. The fee for each movie event is $20 per vehicle. Please bring your own food and snacks as concessions will not be available on site.
- August 7: Sonic the Hedgehog, RATED PG - Based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG tells the story of the world’s speediest hedgehog as he embraces his new home on Earth. In this live-action adventure comedy, Sonic and his new best friend Tom (James Marsden) team up to defend the planet from the evil genius Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) and his plans for world domination. The family-friendly film also stars Tika Sumpter and Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic.
- August 14: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, RATED G - The world is astounded when Willy Wonka, for years a recluse in his factory, announces that five lucky people will be given a tour of the factory, shown all the secrets of his amazing candy, and one will win a lifetime supply of Wonka chocolate. Nobody wants the prize more than young Charlie, but as his family is so poor that buying even one bar of chocolate is a treat, buying enough bars to find one of the five golden tickets is unlikely. But in movieland, magic can happen. Charlie, along with four other children, get the chance of a lifetime and a tour of the factory. Along the way, mild disasters befall each of the children, but can Charlie beat the odds?
Pre-registration is required for this program and is available online. Only registered participants in vehicles are allowed at Live Oak Park, the public may not set up blankets or chairs to watch the movie. Check-In for parking begins at 7 p.m. and is first come first serve for registered participants at Live Oak Park (Daines Drive parking lot entrance). Higher profile vehicles will be placed in back rows. Parking closes at 8 pm followed by pre-movie festivities and movie. *Attendees must remain in vehicles and adhere to social distancing and other safety and health practices.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all our movie goers and staff members, the following procedures must be followed:
- Vehicles will be spaced at least six feet apart and no gatherings of persons outside of vehicles are permitted.
- Each vehicle is limited to occupancy by members of the same household who have already been in close contact with each other. If not utilizing restroom facilities, patrons must remain in their vehicles.
- All patrons and staff MUST wear cloth face coverings at all times when visiting the restroom areas and remain at least six feet from each other and from staff. The 6-foot requirement applies in all cases except for individuals accompanying members of their own household who
- Patrons arriving at the site with children must ensure that young children do not leave their cars unaccompanied. No child under 12 is permitted to visit the restroom alone.
- Playgrounds, basketball courts, and picnic areas will be closed.