Registration is going on for our hybrid coed-basketball clinic which will provide youth an opportunity to learn different skills in a fun, safe and supervised environment. This clinic will be put on by recreation staff and is designed to introduce players of all levels to the sport of basketball.
This is great outlet for players to experience working as a team, practicing discipline and building the proper fundamentals of the sport. Coaches will encourage good sportsmanship in a non-competitive environment.
Session II (January 31st- March 10th)
- Mini Division is for ages 3.5-5 years old
Monday & Wednesday 3 to 4 p.m. & Saturday 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- D Division is for ages 6-7 years old (1st-2nd grades)
Monday & Wednesday 4 to 5 p.m. & Saturday 11:00 to 12:00 p.m.
- C Division is for ages 8-9 years old (3rd-4th grades) Monday & Wednesday 5 to 6 p.m. & Saturday 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- Division B is for ages 10-11 years old (5th-6th grades) Tuesday & Thursday 4 to 5 p.m. & Saturday 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Division A is for ages 12-13 years old (7th-8th grades) Tuesday & Thursday 5 to 6 p.m. & Saturday 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Practice will be held at Live Oak Park Outdoor Basketball Courts Monday through Thursday. Each division will practice twice a week for 6 weeks.
- Mini, D and C Division will practice on Monday and Wednesday at Live Oak Park.
- B and A Division will practice on Tuesday and Thursday at Live Oak Park.
Saturday Skills Challenge Indoors
Participants will participate in Skills Challenge scheduled on Saturdays at First Baptist Church Temple City. Participants will put the skills, they learned during the week to the test with different types of challenges in a fun and safe way.
- All Divisions will have skills day on Saturday’s between (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Parent and Player Orientation will be held on Thursday, January 27th at 6:30 p.m. via zoom. The invite and link for the Parent and Player Orientation will be emailed same day of the meeting.
- Registration is now open and closes on Friday, January 28th by 12:00 p.m.
*Due to health and safety considerations, space will be limited.
*State and County health and safety guidelines will be followed*
- Upon arrival staff/participants will receive a daily health screening and temperature check during all practices and games.
- Safety protocols are in place, following guidelines recommended by the California Department of Public Health and Los Angeles County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Program follows recommended ratio of 10 participants with 1 staff.
- Staff will wear masks and always maintain social distance along with the participants.
- Depending on current guidelines, masks may be required by participants unless instructed during indoor & outdoor play.
- All equipment will be sanitized between divisions and at the end of each day.