- Volunteer your time. Local schools, shelters, food kitchens, and hospitals always need support. Help a neighbor by prepping a meal, picking up groceries, or giving them a ride. Or, take time to pass on your knowledge. Why not tutor a student who could use extra help in math, music, or science?
- Share your story. There are so many ways to do this such as sharing your life story with your grandkids. Take a virtual class and learn how to express yourself with the arts! Or, assemble a photo album of important moments in your life.
- Get involved in your neighborhood. Join a homeowner or resident association, or sign up for a book club or other social group. Have a green thumb? Small projects like planting flowers in your yard or cleaning up the community park have a big impact.
Communities that support and include all their members are stronger!
2023 Temple City Older American of the Year
Honoring outstanding older Americans has been a Temple City tradition for over 57 years!
Committee on Aging
The Committee on Aging consists of nine (9) members appointed by the City Council. Membership may be drawn from community members, professionals in the field of aging, non-profit leaders, faith-based representatives, program participants, and persons representing the business community. Persons currently serving on any City Commission are not eligible, except the appointed member from the Parks and Recreation Commission who is a non-voting member. The Committee on Aging meets quarterly (January, April, July, October) on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the Live Oak Park Community Center Building.
Committee on Aging Webpage - CLICK HERE
2019 Senior Master Plan Progress Report
Senior Lunch Program – The Senior Lunch program has been modified from its normal format. Meal distribution now occurs on Tuesdays starting at 11:00 a.m. at the Community Center. Seven (7) meals will be provided to each senior that has a reservation each Tuesday. Reservations are made by contacting the YWCA directly at 626-960-2995 or 626-214-9465.
Dial-A-Ride – Senior residents can call in to the reservation line at 626-286-2456 to reserve a ride.
Services times are now changed to earlier in the day as follows:
- Monday through Friday: 7:00am – 8:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am – 5:00pm